[MARMAM] New books on using GIS In Marine Biology

Colin D. MacLeod cdmacleod at gisinecology.com
Mon Jul 6 06:24:24 PDT 2015

Dear Marmammers,

The following books which I have authored about using GIS in marine biological research are now available (they were released between January and June 2015), and which I hope will be of interest to the marine mammal research community:

1. An Introduction To Using GIS In Marine Biology Supplementary Workbook Six -  Introduction To Creating Custom GIS Toos - RRP £19.99//U$29.99:: This book provides five practical exercises based around creating custom tools for automating tasks in GIS using the ModelBlder module of ESRI’s ArcGIS software package. ISBN: 978-1-909832-04-6.

2. An Introduction To Using GIS In Marine Biology Supplementary Workbook Seven – An Introduction To Using QGIS (Quantum GIS) - RRP £19.99/U$29.99: This book provides five practical exercises which introduces marine biologists to using the leading open source (and so freely available) GIS software in their research. ISBN: 978-1-909832-14-5.

These books (along with the other books in this series) can be purchased from Amazon or directly from GIS In Ecology.

All the best,

Colin

---