[MARMAM] Passive Acoustic Monitoring (PAM) course New Orleans, USA, 9 - 11 February 2015

Sam Nichols sn1608 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 6 14:16:28 PST 2015

*Passive Acoustic Monitoring Course*

*9 - 11 February 2015*

*New Orleans, USA*

Our well-established 3 day Passive Acoustic Monitoring course provides
universal PAM training with all kits.

Classroom and practical boat sessions provide comprehensive training for
personnel new to the offshore industry who are interested in PAM.

Modules cover:

•           Sound In Water

•           Marine Mammals

•           Anthropogenic Noise in the Sea

•           Effects of Anthropogenic Noise on Marine Mammals

•           PAM Principles & the Role of the PAM Operator

•           PAM Hardware & Operations

•           PAM Software

•           PAMGuard Workshop

•           Practical PAM Session – on boat session

“The 3 days gave a really good foundation - covered everything from the
physics of sound underwater to the really practical stuff like using
PAMGuard in a mitigation situation – I feel ready to start!”

“ I’ve worked with PAM offshore for a while but this course really filled
gaps in my knowledge. Just wish I’d done it sooner”

Cost - $800

See www.seiche.co <http://www.seiche.com/pages/30>m training courses
section for
more details, registration and booking. Or contact s.hancock at seiche.com.