[MARMAM] Volunteer Wildlife Guides Required‏

Stones Brett stonesbrett at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 06:59:11 PST 2015

Two
Volunteer Positions offered to marine biology enthusiasts with a passenger boat
trip company to assist with wildlife guiding activities.

SeaMôr Wildlife Tours is
looking for two enthusiastic and hardworking volunteers to fill  positions offered during the period of May to October
2015. The position requires working on our dolphin and wildlife watching boats
as crew and wildlife guides, and also assisting with sales and marketing of the
trips. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn some great skills such as boat
handling and general seamanship, and also boost your public speaking.

The
trips  run  from the beautiful towns of New Quay and
Aberaeron in Cardigan Bay, which is home to the largest population of
bottlenose dolphins in the UK. Harbour porpoise, grey seals and a variety of
sea birds are also amongst the many animals that can be viewed on the trip as
well as all the animals that we catch and release from our lobster pots.

WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU
WILL GAIN:

Public speaking and guiding
experience

Crewing on a commercial passenger
boat

Boat handling

Customer service and team work

Managing social media

ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:

Fluent spoken English

Interest in marine wildlife and
boating

Flexibility and the ability to
work outdoors

Good communication skills

Good customer service skills

Experience of working in a
small team

DESIRABLE:

Marine biology (or similar)
qualification

RYA powerboat license

Interest in marketing

Website editing and design

EU driving licence

Other info:

This is an unpaid post,
however, there will be an element of paid work available, and free
accommodation is provided.

How to apply:

If you are interested in this
position, email your CV by 22nd March, 2015 to Brett
Stones, info at seamor.org, or call us on 07795242445. Website  www.seamor.org

see what we do, visit our website www.seamor.org