[MARMAM] Mystic Aquarium Internship Postings

Freeman, Kathleen kfreeman at mysticaquarium.org
Mon Aug 24 11:54:40 PDT 2015

Would it be possible to please post the following internship positions?

Thank you,

Kathy

Animal Husbandry Internships
Mystic Aquarium's intern program is designed to provide college students and recent college graduates with a dynamic educational opportunity while simultaneously providing career experience. Our unique program combines independent project research, public educational outreach, and work experience in the department of choice; all under the guidance of an aquarium supervisor. We accept 1-3 interns per semester in each department, allowing a close working relationship between intern and accomplished aquarium staff. Internships are available in departments working with Fish and Invertebrates, Steller Sea Lions, Beluga Whales, California Sea Lions, African Penguins, reptiles, and more! Application deadlines are: Spring Semester-September 30; Summer Semester-January 31; Fall Semester-May 31. For complete application instructions go to our website, http://www.mysticaquarium.org/get-involved/internships.

Research Internships
Mystic Aquarium has a long history of conducting high quality research. Much of this research has contributed to the advancement of husbandry techniques for animals in an aquarium setting as well as improvements in aquatic animal medicine. Internships are available within our Research department involving detailed analysis of behavior, specimens, data records and a combination of field, in-house, and laboratory-based research projects that focus on animal behavior, ecology, infectious disease, neuro-immunology, and physiology. Application deadlines are: Spring Semester-September 30; Summer Semester-January 31; Fall Semester-May 31. For complete application instructions go to our website, http://www.mysticaquarium.org/get-involved/internships.

Education, Water Quality, Life Support and More!
Mystic Aquarium's intern program is designed to provide college students and recent college graduates with a dynamic educational opportunity while simultaneously providing career experience. Our unique program combines independent project research, public educational outreach, and work experience in the department of choice; all under the guidance of an aquarium supervisor. We accept 1-3 interns per semester in each department, allowing a close working relationship between intern and accomplished aquarium staff. Internships are available in various departments including Education, Water Quality, Life Support, Media & Public Relations, Marketing, and more! Application deadlines are: Spring Semester-September 30; Summer Semester-January 31; Fall Semester- May 31. Complete application instructions may be found on our website, http://www.mysticaquarium.org/get-involved/internships.

Kathleen Freeman
Internship Coordinator & Mission Programs Administrator
Human Resources Department / Mission Programs
Phone | 860-572-5955 Ext 306
kfreeman at mysticaquarium.org<mailto:kfreeman at mysticaquarium.org>
www.mysticaquarium.org<http://www.mysticaquarium.org/>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D06AE5.5079F7D0]

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: FBicon]<http://www.facebook.com/mysticaquarium>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: twitterlogo]<http://twitter.com/mysticaquarium>[Description: cid:image007.png at 01CBE934.31FFF3E0]<http://www.youtube.com/user/MysticAquarium>