[MARMAM] Cape May Whale Watch and Research Center Summer Internship
kcmcphillips at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 08:02:10 PDT 2015
The Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center in Cape May, New Jersey is looking for interns for our 2015 field season. The season runs from April to mid-November. At the height of our season there are three trips a day with an extremely flexible intern schedule, customized to work around outside employment and summer classes.
Intern tasks include:
· Photographing marine mammals on whale and dolphin watching trips
· GPS/Data collection and processing
· Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin fin matching and analyzing
· Leading a touch tank demonstration
· Maintenance of collected local species tanks
· Educating passengers
· Creating an independent project
Application Process: To apply, please submit a complete application package which includes:
· Cover Letter and Resume (no more than 3 pages)
· Contact information for two references including email and phone numbers
· A supporting document of no more than 500 words answering ONE of the following:
1. How do you respond to a passenger who is disappointed with the trip (ex. no whale sightings, not close enough to animals, number of dolphins, etc) and continues by commenting that they should go to Seaworld?
2. What conservation efforts do you believe should be established in Southern New Jersey for Marine Mammal protection and how could it be implemented?
3. Why would research of Marine Mammals in their natural habitat, using photo identification, and data collection be useful and important?
Please submit completed application packet to tracie.cicchitti at capemaywhalewatch.com <mailto:tracie.cicchitti at capemaywhalewatch.com>
There are housing options available and/or partial paid internship opportunities offered.
For more information, please visit: http://www.capemaywhalewatch.com/internship.html <http://www.capemaywhalewatch.com/internship.html>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM