[MARMAM] New publication on a stranding case of a conjoined bottlenose dolphin

isil aytemiz isilaytemiz at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 07:37:51 PDT 2014

Dear All,

Apologies for cross posting.

We would like to inform you that our new paper
on stranding case of a conjoined bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops
truncatus) calf has been published in Journal of the Black Sea/Mediterranean Environment.

The pdf copy is available online via the
following link:

Aytemiz, I., Danyer, E., Özgür Özbek, E., Tonay,
A.M., Öztürk Amaha, A. 2014. Preliminary report of a conjoined bottlenose
dolphin(Tursiops truncatus) calf stranded on the Aegean Sea coast of Turkey. J.
Black Sea/Mediterr.Environ. 20(3): 274-279.

http://www.blackmeditjournal.org/pdf/9-SON20.3.Ayaka%20A.Ozturk.pdf

Abstract

On 4 August 2014, a male conjoined dicephalic
bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus) calf was found dead on the beach of
Dikili/İzmir, the Aegean coast of Turkey. This is the first case of conjoined
cetacean reported in Turkey and the second in the Mediterranean Sea.

Regards

Isil AYTEMIZ, Ph.D Candidate

Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary
Medicine,
Istanbul University, 34320, Avcilar, Istanbul, TURKEY

Turkish Marine Research Foundation (TUDAV)
P.O. Box 10 Beykoz, Istanbul, Turkey
Tel: +90 216 424 0772  Fax: +90 216 424 0771