[MARMAM] Research Internships

Freeman, Kathleen kfreeman at searesearch.org
Thu Oct 9 06:50:06 PDT 2014

Mystic Aquarium (Mystic, CT) offers internship positions in Marine Animal Research.  Gain hands-on experience in a dynamic environment with guidance from a mentor who is a member of our Research staff. Our Research team conducts research in many aspects of marine animal health, husbandry, and ecology. This is accomplished through detailed analysis of behavior, specimens, data records and a combination of field, in-house, and laboratory-based research projects that focus on animal behavior, ecology, infectious disease, neuro-immunology, and physiology. The internship program reflects our mission, "To inspire people to care for and protect our ocean planet through education, research, and exploration." Internships are available for the fall, spring, and summer. Interns have the opportunity to attend weekly educational seminars, receive feedback from supervisors, and work on independent projects to enhance their knowledge and resumes. Application deadlines are as follows: Spring internships (Jan-May): October 31; Summer internships (May-Aug): February 28; Fall internships (Sept-Dec): June 30
Please see the Mystic Aquarium website for more information on the internship program and instructions on completing an application.http://admin.mysticaquarium.org/get-involved/internships.
Contact Email Address: Interninfo at searesearch.org

Kathy Freeman
Internship Coordinator
Human Resources Department
Phone | 860-572-5955 Ext 306
kfreeman at searesearch.org<mailto:kfreeman at searesearch.org>

[MA_Email.gif]

[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: FBicon]<http://www.facebook.com/mysticaquarium>[Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: twitterlogo]<http://twitter.com/mysticaquarium>[Description: cid:image007.png at 01CBE934.31FFF3E0]<http://www.youtube.com/user/MysticAquarium>