[MARMAM] Marine Mammal Website development opportunity: student assistance sought

Cheryl Rosa crosa at arctic.gov
Tue Oct 7 12:29:14 PDT 2014

The International Whaling Commission working group on Cetacean Emerging and Resurging Diseases (CERD) is looking for motivated veterinary or graduate students, or recent graduates to help with the development of the CERD website. Students would be involved in expanding sections of the website (including cetacean skin diseases, mortality events, visual health assessments, etc.) and data entry.

Candidates should be able to commit to working at least 30 hours per week on the project, over a 2-4 week period, although hours and dates are flexible. The project will run from October 2014 to March 2015. Work can be performed from any location, with required weekly check-in calls. A monetary stipend will be provided. Strong written English skills required. Previous experience performing literature reviews and strong background in marine mammal science preferred.

Interested candidates should email a CV to Dr. Cheryl Rosa, CERD working group chair, at ingutuk1 at hotmail.com

Cheryl Rosa, D.V.M., Ph.D.
Deputy Director
U.S. Arctic Research Commission