[MARMAM] new print book on gray whales

James Sumich jlsumich1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 10:38:47 PDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,
I’m pleased to announce the publication of the print edition of my new book on gray whales to complement the digital edition released in early 2014.
Title: E. robustus: The biology and human history of gray whales
Format: 6”x9”, 199 pp.  paperback  140 color photographs, maps and drawings

The transformation of our view of gray whales over the past century from devilfish to gentle giants has been nothing short of remarkable. Whether you are a casual whale watcher or an avid observer of these animals, there is something in this book for you. Extensively illustrated with color photographs, maps and line drawings, this book makes information on the biology and human history of gray whales accessible to readers unfamiliar with the scientific literature on the species. Topics range from early whaling activities and basic anatomy and migratory behavior of gray whales to the latest research on the radio-tracking and genetics of western gray whales, gray whales in captivity and the growth of modern whale-watching activities along the North American west coast.

ISBN: 978-0-692-22542-4
LoC catalog #: QL737.C425 S82 2014
More information can be seen and it can be ordered from the publisher at http://www.thegraywhalebook.com
I have also listed it (reluctantly) on Amazon (amazon.com).  Search by title.

Regards,
Jim Sumich
Oregon State University
jlsumich1 at gmail.com