[MARMAM] Marine Mamma Photo ID internship
KMathes at LBAOP.ORG
Wed Nov 19 11:31:15 PST 2014
The Aquarium of the Pacific seeks college interns to assist the Boats Coordinator on collecting opportunistic data and photos of cetaceans during our daily whale watching cruises, as well as interpreting data to guests at the Aquarium. Other projects include assisting with data and photo processing for our new whale app.
Commitment: 20 hours/week for 16 weeks starting in January
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
* Taking dorsal fin photos of animals encountered during daily cruises
* Maintain detailed data logs of sightings and enter them into ACCESS databases
* Answer questions and interpret for guests on board.
* Photo processing and IDing individual whales and dolphins seen during daily trips
* Create a project to display to Aquarium guests using whale data
* Must be 18 or over
* Major/ed in biology, marine biology, or conservation a plus
* Lift a maximum of 50 lbs
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Each applicant must have a broad knowledge of ecological and biological principles, especially those relating to marine habitats,
* Ability to spend many hours standing especially on a boat
* Experience working with digital SLR camera's a plus but not required
* Experience in data entry, preferably with Microsoft Access
* Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
* Have excellent oral and written communication skills
* Be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities and work with a diverse group of people.
Please apply at http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/volunteer/college_internships/marine_mammal_photo_id_internship
Deadlines for application submission is November 30, 2014.
Aquarium of the Pacific
KMathes at lbaop.org<mailto:KMathes at lbaop.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM