[MARMAM] The Marine Mammal Center is recruiting for a Life Support and Facilities Technician: EAM Specialist
GroningerH at TMMC.org
Thu Nov 6 14:52:58 PST 2014
Announcing an employment opportunity at The Marine Mammal Center. This listing can also be found on our website here: http://www.marinemammalcenter.org/about-us/organization-information/jobs/
LIFE SUPPORT AND FACILITIES TECHNICIAN: EAM SPECIALIST
The Marine Mammal Center, an equal opportunity, non-profit employer, is seeking a full-time Life Support and Facilities Technician: EAM Specialist to join our team. The Marine Mammal Center's mission is to expand knowledge about marine mammals-their health and that of their ocean environment-and to inspire their global conservation. Our core work is the rescue and rehabilitation of sick and injured marine mammals, supported by state-of-the-art animal care and research facilities, a corps of dedicated volunteers, and an engaged community.
About the Organization
The Marine Mammal Center is the largest facility of its kind in the world. Founded in 1975, The Center has grown into an internationally renowned and state-of-the art marine mammal hospital, research center and educational organization. Each year, The Center treats 600 - 800 sick, injured and orphaned marine mammals, with the goal of rehabilitation and release. Its professional staff collaborates with over 30 different scientific, educational, federal, state and non-profit organizations from around the world.
Marine mammal scientists and veterinarians from across the globe visit The Center and shadow its staff and volunteers to learn from the hundreds of animals treated each year, and from its acclaimed veterinary, scientific, and research staff. By collaborating with leading scientists and researchers to learn from the patients in their care, The Center expands and advances science to increase understanding of the health of the ocean and highlights implications for human health.
In addition to its work with the scientific community, The Center's formal and informal education programs reach 100,000 children and adults ever year. Ultimately, The Center's work inspires action and fosters stewardship toward the care of our environment.
Overlooking the ocean in the Marin Headlands, in Sausalito, CA, The Center operates three field stations in its 600-mile rescue range on the California coastline from San Luis Obispo through Mendocino County. Simultaneous to the construction of its new Kona, Hawaii facility, The Center's rescue range has increased to include the entire Hawaiian archipelago. With an annual operating budget of $6M, 50 staff and 1,100 actively engaged volunteers, The Center operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
About the Opportunity
The Life Support and Facilities Technician-EAM Specialist is a tasked with the operation and maintenance of building and life support equipment. The position also administers The Center's Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system under the direction of the Director of LSS/Facilities.
The position works closely with other technicians on daily operations, including filter backwashes, system line-up changes and the troubleshooting of faulty life support equipment and is tasked with routine building and equipment maintenance and assists in the coordination of capital projects. The position is part of a rotating on call and work schedule. The position reports to the Director of LSS/Facilities.
* Practical experience in at least 7 of the following areas:
o Centrifugal pumps
o Ozone generators
o Sand filtration
o Saltwater chemistry
o Compressor and air flow equipment
o Carpentry or fabrication
o Process controls & building automation
o Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
o Commercial electrical distribution
o Motor control centers and variable speed drives
o Diesel generators
o Computer networking/Information Technologies
o Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
o Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), or Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), or Computer-Aided Facilities Management (CAFM)
* Skilled in the operation and use of various hand and power tools
* Ability to understand and execute written and oral instructions
* Ability to read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, and computer consoles
* Ability to interpret service manuals, drawings and follow correct maintenance protocols
* Ability to interpret and operate computer control systems
* Ability to read and interpret data from engineering drawings, blueprints, gauges and graphs
* Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff and volunteers
* Excellent reading, math, writing, scientific and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work simultaneously on several projects
* Ability to make decisions with little or no supervision
* Ability to communicate with individuals at all skill, knowledge and experience levels
* Ability to work closely with local contractors and vendors
* Must be safety conscious and comfortable working in an industrial setting
* Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
* Prior EAM & CMMS experience
Watch-standing - 30%
* Operates life support and building equipment and performs routine life support/building operations such as filter backwashes, system line-up changes and water treatments
* Performs daily inspections and rounds on all life support systems
* Monitors life support processes and building systems after hours
* Provides support to other departments during events
Maintenance and Project Work - 50%
* Performs preventive and predictive maintenance tasks for equipment and components as directed
* Isolates, troubleshoots and coordinates the repair of faulty life support/building systems and equipment as directed
* Provides project support as needed with the construction and fabrication of new life support, building systems and exhibits
* Supports capital construction projects
Enterprise Center's Asset Management - 20%
* Reviews and analyzes work order backlog and provides feedback for reprioritization and resources
* Ensures all departments are utilizing the EAM for tracking and analyses work load
* Meets with Director on EAM utilization, tracking and reporting
* Provides EAM training to users
* Communicates key trends to staff using EAM reporting tools
* Ensures new assets, PM's and other information is entered into EAM
* Expands the use of the EAM system
* Previous life support systems experience is preferred, prior building maintenance experience is required
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or sciences is preferred; and/or equivalent practical experience in a related technical field
* 5 years' experience using an EAM/CMMS/CAFM solution
* Must be able to work a rotating work schedule covering all hours of the day all days of the week including holidays
* Must be able to be on call, carry a cell phone and respond to after-hours emergencies
* Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
* Must be able to work in an industrial work environment and be able to safety use personal protective equipment such as respirators and fall arrest equipment.
* Must be able to work in an industrial work environment, including areas with low headroom, difficult access, ladders and heights
Please send a cover letter and resume, attention Human Resources Director to admin at tmmc.org<mailto:admin at tmmc.org>. Please put "Life Support and Facilities Technician" in the subject line. Please no phone calls or faxed submissions. Deadline for applications is Friday November 28, 2014.
Human Resources Director and I.T. Manager
The Marine Mammal Center
2000 Bunker Road
Sausalito, CA 94965
groningerh at tmmc.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM