[MARMAM] Advice on dolphin identification programs

Colleen Talty cmtalty at optonline.net
Thu May 29 07:41:34 PDT 2014

Hi,

My company and I (Cape May Whale Watch and Research Center) are
conducting research and building a bottlenose dolphin catalogue of our
local dolphins. I am also using the data we are collecting for my
thesis. We are currently using a program called IMatch, but want to look
into other programs that use a server via the internet so several people
can access the information at once. We were thinking of using FinScan,
but cannot find the actual program anywhere- just papers that describe
using the program. I was wondering if anyone had any insight at all
about either FinScan or another cetacean identification program that
they have used and where I may be able to buy or download the program.
Any sort of advice will help, as we really want to move on from IMatch
which is a one computer based program.

Thank you for your time,
Colleen Talty and the Cape May Whale Watch and Research Center