[MARMAM] Volunteering opportunities at ADP North Dalmatia

Grgur Pleslić grgur.pleslic at blue-world.org
Sun May 18 01:16:41 PDT 2014

Blue World Institute of Marine Research and Conservation runs several
research projects on bottlenose dolphins in the Adriatic Sea. You can now
join our research team in North Dalmatia as a volunteer and contribute to
our effort to understand and protect this vulnerable species.

The duration of volunteer courses is 10 days. During this time volunteers
are an integral part of the team, living and working on board our mobile
field station MB Anika - a 14 meters long wooden kutter. During field
surveys volunteers and researchers use a 5.2 meters inflatable boat to
search for dolphins and collect navigational, environmental, photo-ID and
behavioural data. Upon returning to MB Anika the team works on data storage
and analysis, boat maintenance, but there is also plenty of time off.

This is a great opportunity to learn first-hand about biology and ecology of
the species, practice skills and techniques to collect and analyze data and
to have great time sailing through stunning archipelago.

To find out more about the project and available dates and prices, please
see this link:
http://www.blue-world.org/en/get-involved/volunteer/Volunteer_at_ADP_North_D
almatia/

Or send an e-mail to: grgur.pleslic at blue-world.org