[MARMAM] Stantec is hiring: Intermediate/Senior Marine Mammal Biologist
Georgeta.Suta at stantec.com
Tue May 6 10:42:16 PDT 2014
Stantec is hiring an Intermediate/Senior Marine Mammal Biologist
Stantec has 3,000 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with scientific solutions that perfectly fit the job. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency, and show dedication and passion for our job.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate/Senior Marine Mammal Biologist to work as part of a team of biologists in our St. John's, NL or Dartmouth, NS office.
The successful candidate will be a proven team player, self-motivated, good at multitasking and able to think creatively and broadly across many disciplines within the marine sciences. He/she will be also be a clear effective communicator, a good technical writer, and have experience designing and implementing field programs.
This position will work closely with the Regional and National Technical Marine Science Leads and be responsible for contributing to environmental impact assessments, environmental effects monitoring programs, research projects, liaise with clients, scientists and engineering specialists to provide mitigation, monitoring and surveying advice, and support the regional and national marine service area in a variety of capacities. Tasks will further include report and proposal writing, preparing presentations and occasional field work. Some travel will be required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
The successful candidate will have:
* At least a M.Sc in marine mammal science
* A minimum of 5 years' post graduate degree hands-on experience in a related position
* Strong data analysis and interpretation capabilities with good statistical knowledge
* Program management skills
* Experience working with federal, provincial and municipal regulatory agencies
* Experience with marine mammal observations (e.g., vessel-based, shore-based or aerial surveys, whale watching/naturalist work).
* An understanding of environmental law, EIAs and relevant marine mammal policy is desirable
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to team members and clients is essential.
* Working knowledge of Distance Sampling and Analysis
* Working knowledge of acoustic modeling
* Multi-disciplinary interests and experience
* Consulting experience
* Experience working as an MMO
* Experience living at sea for extended periods of time.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online<https://jobs2-stantec.icims.com/jobs/19009/intermediate--senior-marine-mammal-biologist/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=688&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false> or via email: Georgeta.Suta at stantec.com.
Georgeta Suta, CHRP, RPR
300 - 675 Cochrane Drive West Tower
Markham ON L3R 0B8
georgeta.suta at stantec.com<mailto:georgeta.suta at stantec.com>
The content of this email is the confidential property of Stantec and should not be copied, modified, retransmitted, or used for any purpose except with Stantec's written authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify us immediately.
ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM