[MARMAM] Marketing, Sales & Events Manager/Director position
hr at alaskasealife.org
Mon Mar 17 14:43:39 PDT 2014
The Alaska SeaLife Center generates and shares scientific knowledge to
promote understanding and stewardship of Alaska's marine ecosystems is
seeking applications for the following: *Marketing, Sales and Events
This position is responsible for marketing, sales, communications,
advertising and events at the Alaska SeaLife Center. Serves as co-chair of
the cross-functional Visitor Team. Must believe in the core values of the
ASLC and be driven by the mission.
*Education and Experience Requirements:*
Bachelor's degree in a related field and seven years' experience in similar
position (ten years preferred) with a minimum of three years supervisory
experience (five years preferred) or the equivalent.
*Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):*
1. Serves as the Center's lead on marketing and sales activities with
various professional tourism companies and marketing associations.
Develops annual sales initiatives, visitor projections and makes
presentations to potential customers, both at the ASLC and in external
venues. Monitors and provides analysis of marketing and sales
effectiveness. Implements corrective measures, when necessary. Oversees
the creation, placement and tracking of advertising as well as develops
strategic plans, policies and advertising strategies.
2. Manages the "public face" of the Center and key interactions with
media, members and friends - leads development of written materials for
public relations events, press releases, feature articles, annual reports
and all media-related requests. Communicates to the media and general
public in a timely and positive manner. Oversees the Center photo and
presentation database. Oversees the ASLC Facebook account and other social
media programs (e.g. Twitter); establishes protocols for their use and
limitations. Enhances branding and manages the use of the Center's logo.
3. Works with ASLC staff, within their areas of expertise, to help provide
supporting materials for web updates, proposals, exhibits and
communications. Ensures accuracy in all written and media representations
of the Center's work and operations.
4. Coordinates with all departments to facilitate events, including
fundraising events, member events, staff events, and facility rentals.
Works closely with the Development Department to create a seamless plan for
all fundraising events, maintaining primary responsibility for decorations,
logistics, food & beverage, venue, and staffing.
5. Conducts VIP, media and FAM facility tours as needed.
6. Ensures proper control and administration of all assigned resources
including annual budget allocations, capital improvements, fixed assets,
equipment, supplies, and purchasing authorities. Maintains cost-effective
oversight of expenditures.
7. Supervises personnel matters within the department. Assigns and
checks work, establishes schedules, sets deadlines, and delegates
authority. Sets performance standards for staff. Prepares annual
performance evaluations. Makes department related personnel
8. Ensures all department personnel are properly trained and equipped
for their assigned tasks, and conducts or arranges for training as
necessary to carry out the department's objectives.
9. Assists the President and CEO with formulating the Center's policies
and procedures as they relate to Sales, Marketing and Events and ensures
they are accurate, current, and in compliance with federal, state and local
regulations. Reviews and updates policies as laws change.
10. Coordinates resources with the Development, Husbandry, Research,
Education, Facilities and Operations Directors to ensure that projects are
completed in a timely manner to support the Center's mission and success.
11. When requested by the President and CEO, communicates with members of
the Board of Directors and their assigned committees concerning matters
affecting the Center.
12. Keeps the President and CEO informed of the Department's status and
13. Innovates ways to enhance and improve Center operations, within
14. Maintains official ASLC records in accordance with the current Records
Retention Policy and Schedule.
This is a full-time position. ASLC offers a competitive wage (DOE) and
*Apply by:* Open until filled *Start Date:* ASAP
Send resume & application (downloadable at www.alaskasealife.org) to
HR at alaskasealife.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Alaska SeaLife Center
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM