[MARMAM] new gray whale book

James Sumich jlsumich1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 18:21:21 PDT 2014

I am pleased to announce the publication of a new ebook: E. robustus: The Biology and Human History of Gray Whales.

The transformation of our view of gray whales over the past century from devilfish to gentle giants has been nothing short of remarkable. Whether you are a casual whale watcher or an avid observer of these animals, this is the $10 gray whale resource you have been waiting for. Extensively illustrated with over 140 color photographs, maps and line drawings, this book makes information on the biology and human history of gray whales accessible to those unfamiliar with the published scientific literature on the species.

Topics range from basic anatomy and migratory behavior of gray whales to the latest research on the genetics of western gray whales.  This book also provides an overview of the scientific research on this species, while tracing the history of whaling activities, gray whales in captivity and the growth of modern whale-watching activities.

Purchase and download information for most ereader devices are available at: www.thegraywhalebook.com.

Jim Sumich
jlsumich1 at gmail.com