[MARMAM] Goodman Memorial Symposium Live-stream

Goodman Memorial Symposium goodmansymposium at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 10:33:34 PDT 2014

The Daniel Goodman Memorial Symposium

Decision-Making Under Uncertainty: Risk Assessment and the Best Available
Science

20-21 March 2014

We will be live-streaming the Goodman Memorial Symposium on our website
(http://www.montana.edu/lettersandscience/Goodman/).

The purpose of the symposium is to explore ways to improve how scientists
and managers use ecological data and analyses to inform policy and
decision-making, taking into account the uncertainty inherent in ecological
data and predicted outcomes of management actions. Symposium speakers will
address the theme in the context of marine mammal and fisheries management,
ecosystem modeling, Bayesian statistics, ecological decision-making and
population viability analysis, U.S. Endangered Species Act policy,
scientific mentoring, and environmental monitoring. See our website for the
full schedule of talks
<http://www.montana.edu/lettersandscience/Goodman/Goodman_schedule.html>
with abstracts.

Attendees (both off- and on-site) can use #GoodmanSymposium2014 on Twitter
to follow the backchannel conference conversation and post question and
comments for the speakers.

Thank you to our generous sponsors
<http://www.montana.edu/lettersandscience/Goodman/Goodman_sponsors.html>
for allowing us to provide this live-stream!

We hope you will join us!