[MARMAM] Postage stamp of Nth Pacific Right Whale?

Watson, Alastair awatson at okstate.edu
Wed Mar 12 10:41:39 PDT 2014

I am researching 17th Century Japanese narrative-picture handscrolls (and other materials) looking at the coastal whaling traditions around southern / eastern Japan, particularly Nagasaki/Kyushu.  The North Pacific right whale, Eubalaena japonica, was a prime target.  Would welcome information regarding postage stamps / cachets depicting a North Pacific right whale so that I might consider for inclusion in publication.  Philatelic examples of the other right whales are abundant.

Thank you very much.
Best Wishes

Alastair Watson
Professor of Veterinary Anatomy
Department of Physiological Sciences
264 McElroy Hall
Center for Veterinary Health Sciences
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078-2014
Email:    awatson at okstate.edu
Phone:    405-744-8083
Fax:        405-744-8263
P  Be the Voice - - for those who have no voice