[MARMAM] Summer Field Course "Building Baseline Data on Cetaceans" | Barcelona (Spain)

Julia Vera Prieto julia.vera at travelecoology.com
Mon Mar 10 04:42:25 PDT 2014

Dear all,

We would like to share with you the launching of a new Summer Field Course "Building Baseline Data on Cetaceans" in Barcelona (Spain) from July 27th - August 4th, 2014.

The field course is geared to students of marine biology and environmental sciences that wish to build basic skills to undertake monitoring studies of cetaceans.

During the Course, participants will have the opportunity to learn about the whales and dolphins of the Mediterranean; undertake training in survey design, data collection and interpretation; apply monitoring techniques and build experience deploying commonly used acoustic devices.

The course combines structured lectures with fieldwork aboard a sailing vessel. Directed by a team of biologists from SUBMON (www.submon.org), participants will contribute to build knowledge on the abundance and distribution of cetaceans in the underwater canyons of Maresme and Palamos, while enjoying the beauty of Costa Brava and its deep blue Mediterranean waters.

The cost of the 6-day Academic program is £950 / € 1150 and includes all lectures and field activities, as well as transfers, board and lodging during fieldwork aboard the vessel. For those who wish to further explore the city and summer life of Barcelona, an optional Cultural program is offered additionally for £500 / € 600 including accommodation and half-board during the Field Course and extended days (a total of 9 days), guided cultural visits to Sagrada Familia and Park Guell and other fun activities.

Further information on the Field Course is available in our website: http://www.travelecoology.com/what-do-we-offer/courses-field-trips/courses-field-trips-en/building-baseline-data-on-cetaceans-en.html

Please do not hesitate to contact us (info at travelecoology.com) for any further information.

Thank you and looking forward!

Julia Vera Prieto
Director