[MARMAM] CRRU Summer Field Courses in Scotland
Dr Kevin Robinson
kev.robinson at crru.org.uk
Sat Mar 8 05:48:32 PST 2014
2014 field dates for the Cetacean Research & Rescue Unit’s “Whales and dolphins of the Moray Firth” project in northeast Scotland have recently been launched (see http://www.crru.org.uk/join_the_team.asp).
This year, dates for our 11 day field programme (arriving on a Monday and departing on a Thursday) will be:
1. Team I: 19 May - 29 May (3 places still available)
2. Team II: 2 Jun - 12 Jun (3 places still available)
3. Team III: 16 Jun - 26 Jun (3 place still available)
4. Team IV: 30 Jun - 10 Jul (3 places still available)
5. Team V: 14 Jul - 24 Jul (3 places still available)
6. Team VI: 28 Jul - 7 Aug (2 places still available)
7. Team VII: 11 Aug - 21 Aug (4 places still available)
8. Team VIII: 25 Aug - 4 Sep (3 places still available)
9. Team IX: 8 Sep - 18 Sep (5 places available)
10. Team X: 22 Sep - 2 Oct (5 places available)
11. Team XI: 6 Oct - 16 Oct* (10 places available)
*GIS team - includes 3 day introduction to using GIS in marine mammal studies by GISinEcology
The field teams are very much run in the form of a training / educational programme, with formal lectures, seminars and presentations by the research team, practical training in field methodologies and data collection and analysis, and direct participation in the research, education and rescue work of this dynamic and outgoing conservation charity (for publication list, see http://www.crru.org.uk/publications.asp).
The cost for an 11 day internship in 2014 is 895 GBP, and this will cover you for full board (all your accommodation and food costs), your full equipment needs and ALL associated field costs during your stay with us in the heritage fishing village of Gardenstown in Banff. You'll simply need to arrange your own travel itinerary to us in Banffshire, northeast Scotland (nearest airport Dyce, Aberdeen, approx. 1½ hours from the field base by coach) plus any personal spending money.
For further details please visit the CRRU project page at www.crru.org.uk/join_the_team.asp, or email us directly at info at crru.org.uk for further information and a pdf copy of the project briefing and booking/application form.
We look forward to hearing from you
On behalf of the CRRU team
Dr. Kevin Robinson
<mailto:kev.robinson at crru.org.uk> kev.robinson at crru.org.uk
Cetacean Research & Rescue Unit, PO Box 11307, Banff, AB45 3WB, Scotland, UK | ( +44 (0)1261 851696 | <http://www.crru.org.uk/> www.crru.org.uk
Whale and Dolphin Research | Environmental Educational Outreach | Marine Wildlife Rescue | Consultancy | MMO Services
Recognised Scottish Charity No. SC 035473
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM