[MARMAM] Abstract Deadline Reminder for the 3rd International Marine Conservation Congress
marinebrit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:52:38 PST 2014
The 3rd International Marine Conservation Congress will be held from 14-18
August 2014 at the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre, Glasgow,
Scotland, UK. We are now accepting abstracts for oral (spoken), speed
(short spoken), and poster presentations.
All abstracts must be submitted online by 5pm (GMT) on 8 March 2014.
Decisions will be made by 22 March 2014. Complete instructions for
submitting proposals are available at the meeting website:
www.conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc-2014. The selection process is highly
The overall theme of the congress is Making Marine Science Matter. For
marine conservation to be effective, marine conservation science must
matter to stakeholders, policy makers, and practitioners. To accomplish
this, the congress will be organized around specific topics of interest for
marine conservation in general, as well as for the local area. This list is
not meant to be exhaustive, but merely a guide for proposers. Other topics
of interest are welcomed.
* Marine renewable and non-renewable energy and their impacts on marine
mammals and other species
* Climate, ocean acidification, and the changing oceans and their impacts
on marine mammals and other species
* Advancing marine conservation through international agreements
* Effective conservation planning (including EBM and MPAs, cumulative
* Communicating marine conservation (marine conservation awareness and
outreach, social media) and the use of keystone species, such as marine
mammals, for furthering conservation goals
* Participation in marine conservation science (e.g. citizen and indigenous
* Marine tourism, including whalewatching
In addition, the SCB Marine Section developed a list of 71 research
questions critical to the advancement of marine conservation (
We encourage proposals that address one or more of these questions but
welcome all abstracts related to marine conservation science and practice.
For additional information contact the program committee at
IMCCprogram at conbio.org.
Andrew Wright, Ph.D.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM