[MARMAM] Steller sea lion technician position, Alaska SeaLife Center
cindye at alaskasealife.org
Mon Mar 3 09:45:05 PST 2014
*The Alaska SeaLife Center generates and shares scientific knowledge to
*and stewardship of Alaska's marine ecosystems and** is seeking
applications for the following:*
This position is responsible for assisting with the Chiswell Island Remote
Monitoring Project at the Alaska SeaLife Center.
1. Assists with behavioral and population monitoring of Steller sea
lions by operating remote video cameras in the field from an office setting.
2. Performs photo-identification of pinnipeds through remote video
equipment or in the wild as requested.
3. Performs and records census counts, behavioral observations, and
other data using pre-defined protocols.
4. Ensures accurate record keeping in spreadsheet, database, and word
5. Assists with other research projects conducted at the Alaska
SeaLife Center as requested.
6. Assists with studies in the field as assigned which may require
extended stays in remote locations with few basic amenities.
*Education/Training Requirements*: A bachelor's degree in biology, marine
biology, zoology, or related field with two years experience in a similar
position is preferred. Experience in biological field studies, scientific
writing, remote monitoring equipment, and photo identification of marine
*This is a seasonal position. *
*Start date:* *May 17, 2014
*End Date: September 5, 2014*
*Apply by close of business:* *March 15, 2013*
Send resume & application (downloadable at www.alaskasealife.org) to
HR at alaskasealife.org, or to Human Resources, Alaska SeaLife Center, P. O.
Box 1329, Seward, AK 99664-1329, or fax 907-224-6320.
*Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer*
* Cindy L. Ecklund Human Resources Director Alaska SeaLife Center
Direct: (907) 224-6895 Fax: (907) 224-6320 P.O. Box 1329 * 301 Railway
Ave * Seward, AK 99664 www.alaskasealife.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM