[MARMAM] SRRC Veterinary Department Internship

Ana Rubio García a.rubio.garcia at hotmail.es
Thu Jul 31 01:43:34 PDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

The Seal
Rehabilitation and Research Center (SRRC) in Pieterburen, The Netherlands, has
an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Intern to work in our Veterinary and
Seal Care Departments. This position is scheduled to start in October 2014 and
will last for one year. This position requires a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
degree, and previous marine mammal or wildlife experience is a plus. The SRRC
Veterinary Department includes two veterinarians and one veterinary intern. We
are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic candidate who will join our team
and will work closely in a team setting with staff and volunteers to assist
with all aspects of veterinary care and husbandry of sick and injured seals.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: daily care of animals,
transport of live/dead marine animals, maintenance of daily nutritional and
medical records, sampling for various research projects, and  data entry. Additional duties and projects
may be assigned by staff.

This position
is unpaid. The intern is required to find its own transportation to Pieterburen.
We provide housing (gas, electricity, water and internet included), meals and
health insurance. The intern should expect to be scheduled to cover a variety
of shifts including weekdays, nights, weekends and holidays. The ideal
candidate should be mature and motivated, and possess a strong work ethic and
excellent observational and communication skills (a fluent English level is
required).

The deadline
for applications is September 1st, 2014.  Interested applicants should submit an
intention letter and two recommendation letters. Applications and questions should
be submitted to ana at zeehondencreche.nl, Ana Rubio García,
Head of the Veterinary Department indicating in the subject VET INTERN 2014.

For more
information about the SRRC visit www.zeehondencreche.nl

Ana Rubio García
Head of the Veterinary Department

Stichting Zeehondencrèche Pieterburen
Seal Rehabilitation and Research Centre SRRC

Hoofdstraat 94a

9968 AG  Pieterburen

The Netherlands
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 12 981154