[MARMAM] Observer Position Announcement
tmcconchie123 at outlook.com
Fri Jul 25 10:55:42 PDT 2014
Please see the below position description.
Tierra Data Inc., is seeking experienced marine mammal observers (MMOs) to conduct monitoring of in-water construction activities at a site on Point Loma, San Diego, California. While monitoring, MMOs will collect and record data related to marine mammals, sea turtles, and seabirds. The MMOs will estimate the number of individuals, age, sex, distance and bearing to the individuals/groups. Observers must be available from September 8, 2014 to April 1, 2015.
Observers must meet the following requirements:
* Must be a U.S. citizen;
* Able to obtain a US Navy security badge;
* Must have previous marine mammal monitoring experience;
* Be proficient in identification of marine mammal species in southern California;
* Have specific knowledge of marine mammal behavior, physiology, and life-history;
* Possess excellent inter-personal skills, and demonstrate responsibility, maturity, and self-motivation; and
* Experience in systematic observations and making clear, concise notes/records.
Work will be both shore- and vessel-based and may involve long hours in inclement weather. Observers will be expected to perform data collection and data entry tasks in the field and an office environment. Observer pay rates will be dependent on experience and those with long-term availability are preferred. Project-supplied housing and per diem rates are not available for the project timeframe.
The preferred candidate would be positive, outgoing, have good people skills, Microsoft Access database experience, and have the potential to train and manage additional marine mammal observers. If interested, please send an updated CV to: Derek Lerma at: Derek at tierradata.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM