[MARMAM] War of the Whales

Naomi Rose naomi at awionline.org
Fri Jul 18 12:08:34 PDT 2014

Dear Marmamers:

As some may know, War of the Whales, a book focused on Joel Reynolds of NRDC and Ken Balcomb of the Center for Whale Research and their work addressing the impact of military sonar on marine mammals (particularly beaked whales), is now in bookstores. I would like to urge the community to read it - it's a good summer read, engaging and informative, and has been getting excellent reviews. I learned a lot I didn't know about the history of this issue and I've been working on it myself for 20 years! The link at Amazon is here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1451645015/.

All the best,
Naomi Rose

____________________________
[13_AWILogo_ONLY]

NAOMI A. ROSE, PH.D.
Marine Mammal Scientist

ANIMAL WELFARE INSTITUTE
900 Pennsylvania Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20003
naomi at awionline.org<mailto:naomi at awionline.org>
T: +1 202 446 2120 ~ F: +1 202 446 2131 ~ C: +1 240 401 4269
www.awionline.org<http://www.awionline.org/>

The Animal Welfare Institute is proud to be the only animal charity currently rated A+ by the American Institute of Philanthropy. Please join us in our work to protect animals - visit our website to find out more and to sign up for AWI eAlerts: www.awionline.org<http://capwiz.com/compassionindex/mlm/signup/?ignore_cookie=1>.

P  Please consider the animals and their habitat before printing.