[MARMAM] IMBER Open Science Conference "Future Oceans" 2014 - Call for Abstracts - extension until Wednesday 5 February 2014!

FutureOceans futureoceans at imr.no
Thu Jan 30 09:40:47 PST 2014

[cid:cbac118e-39de-4d2f-9c9d-0bb302d7d323]

Integrated Marine Biogeochemistry and Ecosystem Research (IMBER)
Open Science Conference

"Future Oceans - Research for marine sustainability:
multiple stressors, drivers, challenges and solutions"

23-27 June 2014, Bergen, Norway

Call for Abstracts - extension until Wednesday 5 February 2014!

The Integrated Biogeochemistry and Ecosystem Research (IMBER) Project will convene an Open Science Conference<http://www.imber.info/index.php/Meetings/IMBER-OSC> from 23-27 June 2014 in Bergen, Norway, with the goals of:
·  highlighting research results from the IMBER project and activities,
·  promoting integrated syntheses of IMBER-relevant research, and
·  developing a new global research agenda for marine biogeochemistry and ecosystems in the Anthropocene.

Plenary Speakers for our Conference include:
·  Alida Bundy (Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Canada) - Dead ends and grasping hands: failed governance and the need to integrate human-ocean interactions into global change research
·  Claudio Campagna (Wildlife Conservation Society, Argentina) - Marine biodiversity and conservation in the time of global change
·  Jean-Pierre Gattuso (CNRS, Lab. d'Océanographie de Villefranche, France) - Drivers of, and responses to, ocean acidification
·  Nicolas Gruber (ETH Zurich, Switzerland) - Warming up, turning sour, losing breath: The regional perspective
·  Alistair Hobday (CSIRO, Australia) - Climate change impacts and adaptation options for high trophic level marine species
·  Eileen Hofmann (Old Dominion University, USA) - Introduction to the Conference
·  Corinne Le Quéré (University of East Anglia, UK) - Perspectives on Future Earth for the marine research community
·  Kon-Kee Liu (National Central University, Taiwan) - Anthropogenic impacts on biogeochemical processes and ecosystems in continental margins: Lessons learned from cases around the globe and future perspective
·  Coleen Moloney (University of Cape Town, South Africa) - Food web and biogeochemistry in a changing marine environment
·  Carol Robinson (University of East Anglia, UK) - Conference's Synthesis

The list of contributed sessions and workshops is available here<http://www.imber.info/index.php/Meetings/IMBER-OSC-2014/Sessions-Workshops>.

The Call for Abstracts<http://www.imber.info/index.php/Meetings/IMBER-OSC/Announcements/IMBER-Open-Science-Conference-Call-for-Abstracts> is still open!
Our call has already attracted a lot of attention and we have already received a very strong subscription.
However, we have noticed that several among you have recently experienced hectic weather conditions or still enjoy their summer vacations in the southern hemisphere.
The deadline for abstract submission has therefore been slightly extended in order to help ensure that all interested researchers could submit their contribution.
The deadline for abstract submission is set on Wednesday 5 February 2014!

Contributions are welcome from all marine research communities!

We encourage you to submit an abstract, and we look forward to meeting you in Bergen.
Please forward this call widely!

IMBER IPO, on behalf of the Organising Committees
futureoceans at imr.no<mailto:futureoceans at imr.no>

PS: Sorry for any cross-posting!