[MARMAM] FW: Announcement: Change of venue for the Seiche PAM course

Sarah Hancock sarah at seiche.eu.com
Fri Jan 10 04:54:21 PST 2014

Dear Marmam lists please can I ask that you put this announcement on you
daily lists

Thank you

Dear Marman member

The Seiche PAM course which was due to run in Plymouth 10 – 12th February
has had a venue change and will now be running in Portsmouth at the
Langstone Hotel on the 25th – 27th March.

The course will still be run over 3 days, 2 of these days will be classroom
based with lectures on sound in water, marine mammal evolutionary biology
and sound production, anthropogenic noise sources and their effect on marine
mammals, PAM principles and the role of the PAM operator, PAM hardware with
deployment and operations, PAM software and an introduction to PAMguard.

There are hands on sessions in the classroom with Seiche PAM equipment to
reinforce the lectures and encourage the delegates to get to grips with the
system, it’s set up and operation and troubleshooting. The final classroom
session is an interactive PAMguard workshop where delegates work along with
the instructor to build a functioning PAMguard data model. Simulated sources
and recordings are used to show how the effective use of detectors enables
PAM operators to detect and localise vocalising marine mammals.

Day 3 is a practical session on a vessel where delegates use what they have
learned to take an active role in set up, deployment and operation of the
Seiche PAM system at sea and run through troubleshooting scenarios.

You will receive breakfast and lunch on the 2 classroom days, and also be
handed a folder with classroom notes and further reading. The cost of the
course is £450

If you would like to enrol you can either do this online at our website
<http://www.seiche.com> www.seiche.com, or you can fill in the registration
form I have attached to this email and send it back to me. We can hold you a
place on the course if you wish to attend but we will need full payment
before the course begins.

Registration is now open with spaces still available, don’t miss out on this
great course

Sarah Hancock

Training Co-Ordinator

Seiche Measurements Limited
Bradworthy Industrial Estate, Langdon Road, Bradworthy, Holsworthy, Devon,
EX22 7SF, United Kingdom
Tel:  +44 (0)1409 404050  Fax: +44 (0)1409 240276  Mob: +44 7825544436
http://www.seiche.eu.com <http://www.seiche.eu.com/>

Registered in England & Wales No. 3475558, Registered Office: The Custom
House, The Strand, Barnstaple, Devon