[MARMAM] Call for Marine Mammal Photos

Thomas Jefferson sclymene at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 07:16:28 PST 2014

Dear MARMAMMers,

We are currently preparing a second edition of our 2008 Elsevier book- Marine Mammals of the World: A Comprehensive Guide to Their Identification. As part of the upgrade, we are soliciting new photos to improve on those of the first edition. We are mainly looking for images of rarer species (e.g., beaked whales, Baikal/Caspian seals, Ross seal, and southern fur seals), but also unusual behaviors, hybrids, anomalous color patterns, etc.  If we use your photo, you will receive a 30% discount on the book; if we use a large number of your photos, you will receive a free copy of the e-book. Please send pinniped photos to Marc Webber <marcwebber at sbcglobal.net> and all other marine mammal photos to Robert Pitman <robert.pitman at noaa.gov>.  Please send medium size JPGs and we will request full-res versions later if we need them.  We thank you in advance for your contributions!

Best wishes,
Thomas A.Jefferson
Marc A. Webber
Robert L. Pitman