[MARMAM] SRRC First Vet Internship 2015

Ana Rubio García a.rubio.garcia at hotmail.es
Mon Dec 22 08:12:23 PST 2014

Dear colleagues,

After a great
experience with our first year Veterinary Intern, we are pleased to announce:

VETERINARY
DEPARTMENT INTERNSHIP – SEAL REHABILITATION AND RESEARCH CENTRE

The Seal
Rehabilitation and Research Center (SRRC) in Pieterburen, The Netherlands, has
an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Intern to work in our Veterinary and
Seal Care Departments. This position is scheduled to start in March 2015 and
lasts one year. This position requires a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree,
and previous marine mammal or wildlife experience is a plus. The SRRC
Veterinary Department includes two veterinarians and one veterinary intern. We
are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic candidate who will join our team
and will work closely in a team setting with staff and volunteers to assist
with all aspects of veterinary care and husbandry of sick and injured seals.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: daily care of animals,
transport of live/dead marine animals, maintenance of daily nutritional and
medical records, sampling for various research projects, and  data entry. Additional duties and projects
may be assigned by staff.

This position
is unpaid. The intern is required to find its own transportation to Pieterburen.
We provide housing (gas, electricity, water and internet included), meals and
health insurance. The intern should expect to be scheduled to cover a variety
of shifts including weekdays, nights, weekends and holidays. The ideal
candidate should be mature and motivated, and possess a strong work ethic and
excellent observational and communication skills (a fluent English level is
required).

The deadline
for applications is January 31st, 2015. Interested applicants should
submit a copy of the CV, an intention letter and two recommendation letters.
Note that the application materials should be in English. Applications and
questions should be submitted to vet at zeehondencreche.nl
indicating in the subject VET INTERN 2015.

For more
information about the SRRC visit www.zeehondencreche.nl.

Kind regards,

Ana Rubio García
Head of the Veterinary Department

Stichting Zeehondencrèche Pieterburen
Seal Rehabilitation and Research Centre SRRC

Hoofdstraat 94a

9968 AG  Pieterburen

The Netherlands
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 12 981154