[MARMAM] ShoreFin Project Report 2014

CBMWC info at cbmwc.org
Thu Dec 18 03:34:25 PST 2014

The Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre <http://www.cbmwc.org/>  (CBMWC)
based in New Quay, west Wales, UK is pleased to announce that our first
ShoreFin report
<http://www.cbmwc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ShoreFin_2014LR.pdf>  is
now available to download from our website
http://www.cbmwc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ShoreFin_2014LR.pdf

Initiated in 2014, ShoreFin <http://www.cbmwc.org/shore-fin-project/>  is
CBMWC's dedicated land-based bottlenose dolphin photo-identification
(photo-ID) project conducted in New Quay, west Wales, UK, whose aim is to
build up an understanding of bottlenose dolphin site usage within the New
Quay bay area, to find out which individuals visit the bay and to find out
more about the ecology and life history of these animals.

This field season our primary aim was to develop our methodology for
establishing this as an ongoing research project. By documenting the
individual animals that visit the New Quay bay area we aim to acquire a
greater understanding of the bottlenose dolphin population residing in
Cardigan Bay. We anticipate that the data we collected in 2014 will
contribute towards answering further questions regarding bottlenose dolphin
site usage,  behaviours and provide additional information on the range of
the local population as well as the potential effects of human activities on
their behaviour.

For more information on the project visit our ShoreFin page
<http://www.cbmwc.org/shore-fin-project/>

(http://www.cbmwc.org/shore-fin-project/) and follow us on Twitter @ShoreFin

With best wishes from the CBMWC team.

Laura Mears

Project Officer

Support our research - adopt a Cardigan Bay dolphin with the Cardigan Bay
Marine Wildlife Centre
<http://www.cbmwc.org/support-us/adopt-a-cardigan-bay-dolphin/>

Raise money for CBMWC with each internet search you do - it doesn't cost you
a penny  <http://sites.affilyon.co.uk/CBMWC>
http://sites.affilyon.co.uk/CBMWC

Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre

Patent Slip Building

Glanmor Terrace

New Quay

Ceredigion

SA45 9PS

Wales, UK

Ffon/Phone: 01545 560 224

E-bost/Email:  <mailto:info at cbmwc.org> info at cbmwc.org

Website:  <http://www.cbmwc.org/> www.cbmwc.org

For all the latest news and sightings information, please visit our website,
follow us on Twitter and become a fan of our Facebook page

 <http://www.cbmwc.org/> www.cbmwc.org

 <http://twitter.com/CBMWC> http://twitter.com/CBMWC

 <http://facebook.com/CBMWC> http://facebook.com/CBMWC

Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre is supported by the Cardigan Bay Marine
Wildlife Group, a marine interest group of the Wildlife Trust of South and
West Wales.

Helping to conserve Cardigan Bay's marine wildlife through education and
research

Helpu I warchod bywyd gwyllt morol Bae Ceredigion drwy addysg ac ymchwil

The contents of this email are confidential and are soley for the use of the
intended recipient. If you receive this email in error please delete it and
notify us either by email or telephone. It is prohibited to copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the contents of this email.