[MARMAM] Job Announcement: Biologist (Protected Species)
tre.glenn at boem.gov
Tue Dec 2 09:49:04 PST 2014
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
Monday, December 1, 2014 to Monday, December 15, 2014
The major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the
- Serves as one of the Biological Sciences Unit (BSU) biologists on
matters related to protected species and communities of the Gulf of Mexico
and Atlantic coast. This includes marine mammals, sea turtles, coastal and
marine birds, beach mice, and other endangered species. Reviews and writes
sections of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
- Serves on a team to establish criteria for impact assessment
methodologies and to develop specialized data on protected species.
- Identifies specific environmental problems, develops study protocols,
and nominates these studies for funding approval.
- Serves as a team member on the Section 7 Endangered Species Act
consultations and Marine Mammal Protection Act Rulemaking activities. This
can include reviewing and updating the biological assessment and reviewing
and responding to National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration-Fisheries’ biological opinion as well as collaborating with
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration-Fisheries to insure
rulemaking is completed.
- Accepts responsibility for study procurements, including: prepares the
procurement package: evaluates technical proposals and negotiations with
offerors; conducts award briefing of successful offerors and debriefings of
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM