[MARMAM] Cape Ann Whale Watch Fall Internship Position

Lilly, Laura lbelliveau at worcester.edu
Wed Aug 13 18:37:48 PDT 2014

Cape Ann Whale Watch is accepting applications for its Field Research and
Environmental Education Internship. Based in Gloucester, MA and partnered
with Planet Whale, our whale watch boat takes between 150 and 250
passengers a day on whale watches in and around the Stellwagen Bank
National Marine Sanctuary. We work to educate passengers about marine life
and the oceans to foster a sense of importance and personal responsibility
in doing a part to contribute to the wellbeing and conservation of the
environment. This internship will allow you to gain hands-on experience in
research, educational techniques, and the general workings of being on a
whale watch boat.

Interns are the core of the education program at Cape Ann Whale Watch. They
work collaboratively with the naturalist to help accomplish our goal of
educating people about whales and fostering a stronger appreciation and
respect for whales and the ocean environment. Educators circulate the boat
with hands-on teaching tools to educate the public about whales and their
environment. Once the actual whale watching begins, the naturalist provides
educational interpretive commentary while the interns collect data on whale
behavior and identification for our research.

For more information, see attached document or contact Laura at
lbelliveau at worcester.edu.

--
Laura Lilly
(978) 302-5802