[MARMAM] Volunteer research assistant for marine mammal data entry/data processing Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand
c.cross at massey.ac.nz
Tue Aug 12 17:43:19 PDT 2014
One volunteer is required to assist with marine mammal distribution data
entry and processing in Queen Charlotte Sound, Marlborough Sounds, NZ.
This research forms part of an ongoing PhD study being conducted under the
auspices of the Coastal-Marine Research Group (C-MRG) at Massey University,
3 Months between September-December 2014
Picton, New Zealand
Major Responsibilities include:
- Entry of dolphin sighting/distribution data
- Data analysis using GIS
- Photo data processing and matching
The ideal candidate will have a science background, experience in the
aforementioned areas and an interest in marine mammal science.
This internship is well-suited for recent graduates of marine biology,
zoology, ecology or similar fields looking to gain additional experience.
He or she must:
- Possess basic computer skills
- Be detail oriented and organized
- Be responsible, focused and motivated
- Be personable, possess strong communication skills and fluency
- Be prepared to live in a small town and to work independently
the majority of the time
- Make a minimum 3 month commitment (40-45 hrs/week) to the
- Possess a strong interest in science and a mature attitude
toward marine mammal research
- Be flexible and patient
If interested please email c.cross at massey.ac.nz with the subject line
Please list the following in a CONCISE message:
1) Relevant experience or qualifications
2) The time frame that you are available over the next several months
3) Reasons you want to help with this project
4) The contact info of at least one professional reference that can
confirm work ethic and experience
*Please also attach CV or resume to the email.*
This is great opportunity to work in a unique environment while gaining
further experience and contributing to an important project.
Priority will be given to placing applicants that are available
immediately. Unfortunately, no monetary compensation or funding for housing
is available for this position,
so the candidate must be able to support living expenses for the extent of
the internship period.
Thank you for your interest!
*Cheryl L. Cross*
Coastal-Marine Research Group
Institute of Natural and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 102 904, North Shore 0745
Tel: +64 9 414 0800 EXT 41520
Mob: +64 21 022 93719
Fax: +64 9 443 9790
Email: c.cross at massey.ac.nz
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM