[MARMAM] Cetaceans Research volunteer opportunities in Spain

Bruno Diaz Lopez bruno at thebdri.com
Wed Apr 30 01:35:52 PDT 2014

Could you please post the following.

The Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute (BDRI) conducts cetacean surveys throughout our field season (March - November) from aboard our research yacht Tyba along the north-western coast of Spain. More info about the BDRI here: www.thebdri.com

We invite you to join our ongoing new study of the behaviour, communication, habitat use and social lives of bottlenose dolphins and harbour porpoises along the north-western coast of Spain (Galicia). Every year we welcome aboard enthusiastic volunteers who are willing to contribute directly to our research work. As a volunteer onboard Tyba, you will have the opportunity to see first hand the the incredible diversity of marine wildlife present in these waters. This project offers an insight in the work that our centre is carrying out, about dolphins research in general, you have the opportunity to work with interested people from all over the world, but most important of all – you will contribute to the dolphin conservation and research.

The BDRI’s main work is to contribute to bottlenose dolphin conservation through research. Our research is published in scientific journals which is the basis for all the information that we have about bottlenose dolphins today. Hence, knowledge is directly connected to protection and conservation. To volunteer at the BDRI requires a minimum of 6 days commitment, and - weather permitting - we will be out on the water at least during 4-5 days per week.

To find out more about this volunteering program please click here <http://www.thebdri.com/resources/downloads/volunteers.pdf> .

Rendezvous location is O Grove on the south coast of Galicia (Spain), where the BDRI has the field research station. There is a monetary value attached to participating. This means that in order for you to come and take a part of the project you will have to pay for a part of the expenses that are derived from your participation (the volunteering fee). This includes the accommodation in an apartment with the other participants, training and other other expenses.  The income generated allows BDRI to carry out this research programme, you can be assured that without your contribution the research couldn't be undertaken.

Bruno Diaz Lopez

Chief Biologist / Director
Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute BDRI
Av. Beiramar 192, O Grove 36991, Galicia, España
www.thebdri.com

info at thebdri.com
tel.+ 34 605 521441
tel. + 34 886 319608

This email is confidential to the intended recipient(s) and the contents may be legally privileged or contain proprietary and private information. It is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this email. If received in error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your system immediately. Please note that neither the Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute BDRI nor the sender accept any responsibility for any viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and the attachments (if any).