[MARMAM] Request for comments on draft seismic survey guidelines in Trinidad and Tobago

Alesha Naranjit alesha.r.n at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 12:18:30 PDT 2014

Good day,

As you may have been informed before, Trinidad and Tobago is developing new
guidelines and requirements for managing the acoustic impacts of offshore
seismic surveys in Trinidad and Tobago.

Working drafts of the documents are available at
http://ttseismicsurveyguide.wix.com/testing for review and we would very
much appreciate your comments, suggestions and concerns to make these the
most effective guidelines possible. Most especially on the "Requirements
for the mitigation of acoustic disturbance from offshore seismic surveys to
marine life in Trinidad and Tobago".

The deadline for comments is on the 19th May 2014. We will try to
accommodate late comments but cannot ensure that we will be able to do so.

The "Review of the acoustic effects of offshore seismic surveys" was
created provide important background information which will help in
reviewing the recommendations, guidelines and requirements presented here
for the management of offshore seismic surveys in Trinidad and Tobago. If
you think we have missed any important point please don't hesitate to let
us know.

The justification documents for applying for and processing CECs for
offshore seismic surveys are not necessary for review but are included to
give an understanding of the reasons for the decisions made in these
documents.

We look forward to any comments, suggestions or concerns you may wish to
share. Please send them to ttseismicsurveyguidelines at gmail.com.

If you have any questions you can contact us at
ttseismicsurveyguidelines at gmail.com.

Please feel free to pass this on to anyone who may be interested.

We very much hope to hear from you.

Best regards,
Alësha Naranjit