[MARMAM] Introduction to Statistical Modelling Workshop

Lindesay Scott-Hayward lass at st-and.ac.uk
Fri Sep 27 08:18:54 PDT 2013

*Introduction to statistical modelling
*Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling
*21-24 January 2013*, University of St. Andrews

The Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling (CREEM)
at the University of St. Andrews will be running a 4 day ‘Statistical
Modelling’ workshop to introduce basic statistical modelling techniques.
The workshop will cover Linear Models and Generalized Linear Models to help
participants analyse continuous, presence/absence and count data. The
course will be heavily data-based and presented using a marine mammal case
study and workshop practicals will be based around an impact assessment
analysis. The R software package will be used for workshop-based practicals
and no prior experience with the R package is assumed. Computer sessions
take place in our computer classroom (attached to the seminar room) and
participants can use our computers or bring their own laptops.

For more information and registration, please visit the webpage:
http://www.ruwpa.st-and.ac.uk/workshops/statsmodelling2014/statsmodelling2014.html