[MARMAM] Post-Doc Opportunity

Jennifer Dunn jennifer.dunn at duke.edu
Wed Sep 11 08:53:29 PDT 2013

The Marine Conservation Ecology Group at Duke University seeks a postdoctoral researcher to work on analysis of data obtained from multi-sensor tags that sample acoustics, accelerometers and depth and are deployed on a variety of cetacean species. Applicants should possess a Ph.D. in statistics, animal behavior, or ecology with a demonstrated interest in the quantitative analysis of foraging ecology, vocal behavior and/or kinematics.  We are particularly interested in individuals who are well versed in Matlab and/or R and who have experience in integration and analysis of complex data sets.  The successful candidate will conduct data analysis, prepare reports and manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals and will work under the co-supervision of Drs. Doug Nowacek and Andrew Read.  We expect the successful candidate to engage fully in the intellectual life of our laboratory and take advantage of research, mentoring and teaching opportunities as they arise.  The Duke University Marine Laboratory, located in Beaufort, NC, is a vibrant research and educational community located on the North Carolina coast and is part of the Nicholas School of the Environment.  This is a one-year, full-time appointment with an annual salary of $50,000, with the possibility of renewal. The position carries standard health insurance and benefits from Duke University.  Prospective applicants should send a CV, statement of interest and the names of three references to Jennifer Dunn (jennifer.dunn  at  duke. edu) by October 31st 2013. US and international applicants will be considered.