[MARMAM] Request for information about stable isotopes to assess diet on whales

Alejandra Brito Gómez-Silva alebritogs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 13:13:17 PDT 2013

Hi everyone!
My name is Alejandra Brito, I'm a marine biology student in Perú. I'm
thinking in doing my thesis in Humpback whales, using stable isotopes to
assess their diet.
Does anyone has information about studies on carbon and nitrogen isotopes on
skin samples of humpback whale in breeding season? And if someone has
information about techniques and prosecution of skin samples, I would be
very grateful!
I know humpback whales are supose not to feed on breeding season, but
probably someone has evaluated a possible diet at that season.

If anyone can help me with this, you can e-mail me at: alebritogs at gmail.com

Thanks!