[MARMAM] New Atlas of Marine Mammals in Irish Offshore Waters

Dave wall dave.wall at iwdg.ie
Tue Oct 1 01:06:06 PDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to inform you that the following report was recently published:

Wall D., Murray C., O'Brien J., Kavanagh L., Wilson C., Ryan C., Glanville B., Williams D., Enlander I., O'Connor I., McGrath D., Whooley P. and Berrow S. (2013). Atlas of the distribution and relative abundance of marine mammals in Irish offshore waters 2005 - 2011. Irish Whale and Dolphin Group, Merchants Quay, Kilrush, Co Clare. ISBN 0-9540552-7-6.

This Atlas presents data collected during the IWDG ISCOPE I and II projects, the IWDG/GMIT Marine Mammals and Megafauna in Irish waters project, the IWDG Ferry Surveys Programme and the IWDG casual and effort-based sightings scheme between January 2005 and January 2011. Distribution and relative abundance data are presented on a European Environment Agency 50 km2 reference grid and where sufficient data existed, seasonal distribution and relative abundance maps are presented.

The report may be downloaded at the following link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21374026/Marine%20Atlas%20Med%20Res.pdf

For additional information please contact: dave.wall at iwdg.ie

Best regards

Dave Wall
Ship Surveys Officer

Irish Whale and Dolphin Group
Tel UK: +44 77 717 62355
Tel Ireland: +353 87 2977931
Email: dave.wall at iwdg.ie
Web: www.iwdg.ie

22 Martello Park | Holywood | BT180DG | Northern Ireland