[MARMAM] Fwd: need information successful beached whales rescues

Danielle Kreb danielle.kreb1 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 21:25:14 PDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Danielle Kreb" <danielle.kreb1 at gmail.com>
Date: May 27, 2013 1:38 PM
Subject: need information successful beached whales rescues
To: <MARMAM at lists.uvic.ca>

  Dear Colleagues,

Together with my colleagues here in Indonesia and the national government
we have been developing a protocol for stranded cetaceans. However we do
not have a SOP for saving larger whales (> 10m in size) and therefore would
like to ask you if you have any information available on reliable methods
for saving larger whales, which have been proven to work succesfully in
practice (where the whale did not get beached again). Please send us any
succesful case files although unsuccesful attempts may also be helpful for
better understanding on which methods should better not be applied.
Many thanks for sharing!

Best wishes,

Danielle Kreb

--------------------------