[MARMAM] need information successful beached whales rescues

Danielle Kreb danielle.kreb1 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 22:35:41 PDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Together with my colleagues here in Indonesia and the national government we have been developing a protocol for stranded cetaceans. However we do not have a SOP for saving larger whales (> 10m in size) and therefore would like to ask you if you have any information available on reliable methods for saving larger whales, which have been proven to work succesfully in practice (where the whale did not get beached again). Please send us any succesful case files although unsuccesful attempts may also be helpful for better understanding on which methods should better not be applied.
Many thanks for sharing!

Best wishes,

Danielle Kreb

--------------------------