[MARMAM] Seal Rehabilitation and Research Centre - Internships

Roos Janac roos at zeehondencreche.nl
Thu Mar 14 01:01:46 PDT 2013

SEAL REHABILITATION AND RESEARCH CENTRE - INTERNSHIPS

The Seal
Rehabilitation and Research Centre (SRRC) in Pieterburen, the
Netherlands, is a hospital dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and
release of injured, orphaned and sick seals and is looking for:

ENTHUSIASTIC VOLUNTEERS WHO ARE EXPERIENCED IN ANIMAL HUSBANDRY

The
seals in the rehabilitation centre need intensive care treatment due to
their health problems (mostly lungworm infections). We are looking for
enthusiastic volunteers who will work together with the SRRC staff in
the seals care department.

Together with the seal care staff you will
be working closely with the seals. Your role will be to assist in the
care of the seals. This will mainly consists of the preparing of diets,
assist with feeding the seals and carry out other jobs relating to the
care of seals (e.g. cleaning quarantines and outdoor pools).

We have
positions available in:

 	* April 4 positions
 	* May 8 positions
 	*
June 3 positions
 	* August 3 positions
 	* Sept - Dec 8 positions left
in each month

If you have experience with animal husbandry, and you are
available, please send a letter to the SRRC: info at zeehondencreche.nl [1]

Interns are accepted internationally. Candidates must be able to work
well in a team, possess a strong work ethic and be willing to work long
hours during our busiest months (a work day can be up to 10 hours during
peak "pupping" season).

We require a minimum period of six weeks with
a maximum of three months. Internships are voluntary positions and
candidates are responsible for their own transportation to and from
Pieterburen. We do provide accomodation and food, for which we request a
fee of EUR 75,- per week.

For more information visit us at www.srrc.nl
[2]

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards