[MARMAM] New Society for Marine Mammalogy Student Chapter - California

Sarah Peterson californiastudentsmm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 10:07:52 PDT 2013

We are excited to announce the creation of a new Society for Marine Mammalogy Student Chapter for California. This chapter is currently based out of the University of California Santa Cruz and is sponsored by Dr. Daniel Costa. We would love to have you join if you are a graduate student in California or the surrounding area studying marine mammals! If you are an undergraduate looking for graduate programs or research opportunities in the area, we hope to have a page up very soon with opportunities. Membership is free and is open to any student whether or not they are currently a member with the Society for Marine Mammalogy, although membership with SMM is encouraged. Please check out our website http://smm.pbsci.ucsc.edu for information on how to join. We will be having our first annual conference sometime this fall, which will be open to both graduate and undergraduate students! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Sarah Peterson and Liz McHuron (University of California Santa Cruz)