[MARMAM] ONR Call for Pre-Proposals
Weise, Michael CIV ONR 322
michael.j.weise at navy.mil
Fri Mar 8 09:42:15 PST 2013
The Office of Naval Research (ONR) Marine Mammals and Biology (MMB) program supports basic and applied research and technology development related to understanding the effects of sound on marine mammals, including physiological, behavioral, ecological and population-level effects. Our current program topics include, but are not limited to:
1. Monitoring & Detection
2. Integrated Ecosystem Research (including Sensor & Tag Development)
3. Effects of sound on marine life:
-Behavioral Response Studies
-Physiology (Diving & Stress)
-Population Consequences of Acoustic Disturbance (PCAD)
4. Models & Databases for Environmental Compliance
Persons with an interest in obtaining support for their research should review the Marine Mammals and Biology (MMB) program topics and goals to evaluate the potential overlap between ONR MMB program goals and areas of interest and their research. The next step in assessing the potential for support is to submit a brief (two- to three-page) pre-proposal (also referred to sometimes as a planning letter or white paper) to the program. The pre-proposal is intended to be an informal document submitted to the program that briefly describes the rationale and nature of the work to be proposed, the approach to addressing questions posed and estimates for the research costs. Feel free to contact program officers to discuss the potential overlap between program goals and areas of interest, and your own research.
- Clearly and concisely describe the nature and objectives of the work proposed.
- Indicate the amount of time needed to conduct the research.
- Provide an estimate of funds required by federal fiscal year (Oct. 1 Sept. 30) if applicable, include the days of ship time and class of ship required should be clearly noted, but not included in your budget estimates.
- Include a short one- to two-page CV for each principal investigator (PI).
- Include complete contact information for each PI, including phone number and email address.
15 April 2013 - Pre-Proposal Deadline
General ONR Funding Cycle:
- Pre-proposals: Due March 31, 2013
- Invitation full proposal: June-July 2013
- Full proposals due: End of August 2013 (unless otherwise negotiated)
- Funding Date: Oct. 1, 2013 - March 2014
More information on ONR MMB Program can be can be found at:
Dr. Michael J. Weise
Marine Mammals & Biological Oceanography Program
Office of Naval Research - Code 32
One Liberty Center - Rm 1068
875 N. Randolph St.
Arlington, VA 22203-1995
michael.j.weise at navy.mil
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5628 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the MARMAM