[MARMAM] request for advice on choosing Finscan or Darwin

Sabre Mahaffy Mahaffys at cascadiaresearch.org
Tue Jun 4 14:07:19 PDT 2013

Dear MARMAM Subscribers,

We are considering a matching program such as Finscan or Darwin to aid in odontocete dorsal fin matching and would greatly appreciate feedback from anyone who has tried or currently uses one or both programs (or has a different program they recommend).  Any insight into differences between the programs and the relative advantages and disadvantages of each (speed, accuracy, technical support, maintenance, general usability, etc.) is much appreciated!

Ideally, we are looking for a program that is very user-friendly as we will have multiple people using the program.

Please reply to: mahaffys at cascadiaresearch.org

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Sabre
Sabre Mahaffy, M.Sc.