[MARMAM] Request for Photos of Targeted Marine Mammals

Khor Chee Hou khor5600 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 21:22:57 PDT 2013

Dear Marine Mammal Researchers,

REQUEST FOR PHOTOS OF TARGETED MARINE MAMMALS
I am assisting Dr. Leela Rajamani in her projects. We
 will be having a Workshop on Local Community Awareness and
Participation in Marine Mammal Conservation in Penang Island, Malaysia
on the 11th and 12th September 2013 in CEMACS,USM. The main purpose of
this workshop is to increase awareness in the local community and
encourage their participation in the marine mammal conservation effort
in Penang. Thus, the photos of marine mammals species listed below are needed to be used for
the workshop.

Targeted marine mammal species:
1. Irrawaddy dolphin (Orcaella brevirostris)
2. Common bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus)
3. Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops aduncus)
4. Indo-Pacific humpback dolphin (Sousa chinensis)
5. Indo-Pacific finless porpoise (Neophocaena phocaenoides)
6. Smooth-coated otter (Lutrogale perspicillata)

We
 hope that you can help us by sharing and sending us the targeted marine
 mammal photos and full photo credit will be given to the owner of the
photo. In conjunction with
we are also preparing a manual for species identification,best practice
and dolphin watching In Penang. Thank you for your attention and I hope
 to hearing from you soon. Invite letters  for the workshop will be sent
 to Malaysian and affiliated researchers soon. We sincerely appreciate
your supports and sharing.

C.H.Khor
(KHOR CHEE HOU)
Project assistant,
Public awareness of the Conservation of Newly Described Populations of Cetaceans in North and West Penang,
Cente for Marine and Coastal Studies,
Universiti Sains Malaysia.