[MARMAM] 5 Ocean Expeditions volunteering to collect data

Gregg Treinish gregg at adventureandscience.org
Mon Jan 28 10:41:38 PST 2013

Dear Ecolog and Marman,

Below you will see five upcoming ocean based expeditions that are offering
to collect data for you as they travel around the globe.  There is no cost
other than materials to work with these volunteers and you can work with
one or all five.  You will meet with the adventurers and lay out very
specific protocols with them before they embark.  Also, please note that if
you need data from anywhere else in the world on land or sea you can
contact us and we will likely have someone going there.

If you would like to work with any of these explorers, please take the time
to fill in a volunteer request form
<http://www.adventureandscience.org/find-an-adventurer.html>on our website
and/or call us directly at 406.579.9702.

1)  Bass Strait, South Eastern Australia- 3/2013 Kayaking

> "We are planning a sea kayaking expedition to paddle across Bass Strait
> (Australian mainland to Tasmania) in March 2013. - Distance of approx
> 320km. Expected to take 1-2 weeks."
>
> Map:
> http://www.weebly.com/weebly/uploads/7/3/9/8/7398741/207636683247195161_route_map.ppt
>

> 2) Atlantic Ocean- Bermuda to Gibraltar 5/6/2013- 6/6/2013 Sailing
>
> "In May 2013 we will sail a ~50 foot sailboat from Bermuda to Gibraltar
> with a stop at the Azores. We estimate the trip to take ~1 month."

Map:
> http://www.weebly.com/weebly/uploads/7/3/9/8/7398741/580039850501116654_map.jpg
>

> 3) Greece/Meditarrean Sea- 5/11/13- 5/18/13 Sailing
>
> "I circumnavigated the globe '03-'05 and wished I could have been helping
> environment when out. I will circumnavigate again, but helping environment
> science next time."
>
> Map:
> http://www.weebly.com/weebly/uploads/7/3/9/8/7398741/206453226860335150_saronic-route.png
>

> 4) Tasman Sea Circumnavigation - 2/1/14- 6/1/14 - Kite/Kayaking

"Circumnavigation of the Tasman Sea in a 6mtr Kite-Yak; Brisbane Tasmania
> Sth & Nth Islands NZ Brisbane"

No Map Available

--
Gregg Treinish