[MARMAM] territorial behaviour of bottlenose dolphins

Nienke Van Geel Nienke.VanGeel at sams.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 08:16:41 PST 2013

Dear All,

Happy New Year!

Is anyone aware of (aggressive) behaviour of bottlenose dolphins against conspecifics or other species which can be classified as territorial behaviour.
The only article I found is: Felix, F. (2001) Escorting behaviour: A territorial manifestation in wild bottlenose dolphins? Estud. Oceanol. 20: 67-70.
I would really appreciate any information on this, either published or from anecdotal cases.

Many thanks,
Nienke

Nienke van Geel
PhD Student
The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS)
Scottish Marine Institute
Oban, Argyll
PA37 1QA
Scotland

Tel: 01631 559331 (student room); 01631 559000 (switch panel)
Fax: 01631 559001
Nienke.vanGeel at sams.ac.uk<mailto:Nienke.vanGeel at sams.ac.uk>
http://www.sams.ac.uk

The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS) is registered in Scotland as a Company Limited by Guarantee (SC009292) and is a registered charity (9206). SAMS has an actively trading wholly owned subsidiary company: SAMS Research Services Ltd a Limited Company (SC224404). All Companies in the group are registered in Scotland and share a registered office at Scottish Marine Institute, Oban Argyll PA37 1QA. The content of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of SAMS unless specifically stated. Please note that all email traffic is monitored for purposes of security and spam filtering. As such individual emails may be examined in more detail.