[MARMAM] 2012 Report on Responsible Whale and Dolphin Watching now available

Dylan Walker dylan at planetwhale.com
Wed Feb 20 15:11:10 PST 2013

Dear colleagues,

*Apologies for cross posting.*

We have just published the 2012 REPORT ON RESPONSIBLE WHALE AND DOLPHIN
WATCHING which is available for free download.

The report discusses a variety of issues of interest to the scientific
community, including the use of citizen science by responsible swim-with
operators, the evolution of self-managed codes of conduct, and measuring
the value of an guided educational curriculum.

The report is a groundbreaking document, produced by and for the whale
watching industry. It includes contributions from twelve businesses that
formed a coalition in 2012 called the Responsible Whale Watch Partnership,
and facilitated by Planet Whale.

The report is available for download here:

*
http://www.planetwhale.com/2012-report-on-responsible-whale-and-dolphin-watching
*

We welcome comments and feedback as we look to make improvements on the
2013 report, which will be in production shortly.

With thanks and best wishes,

*Dylan*
________________________

*Dylan Walker