[MARMAM] A bottlenose dolphin with an unusual humpback

Elena Gladilina el.gladilina at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:10:32 PST 2013

Dear colleagues,

My name is Lena Gladilina. I'm a PhD student from Ukraine.

During my field work in the Crimean coastal waters (the Black sea) I
observed a bottlenose dolphin with a humpback near the dorsal fin. It
was a juvenile or adult dolphin swimming alone.

Please look at the pictures. Do you have any idea what could cause
this deformation? Is it spondylosis deformans or tumor, or anything
else?
There is a link to the photos:
http://imageshack.us/a/img829/7171/20120806nsmotorboategl0.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img831/7171/20120806nsmotorboategl0.jpg